Day 1: Hanoi Arrival – ½ City Tour (Lunch)
Welcome to Vietnam. Meet the guide and transfer to hotel for check in and relaxing then we have Hanoi City Tour.
The first site we visit today is President Ho Chi Minh’s Masoleum – where preserve body of “Uncle Ho” inside (closed on Mondays & Fridays, all afternoons and from Sep 10 until Dec 10 for annual maintenance, some years to be closed earlier). Take a short walk to Ho Chi Minh’s Stilt House, where he lived from 1958 – 1969 and visit lotus-shape One Pillar Pagoda and learn more about Vietnamese Buddhism. And then, drive to Temple of Literature – the first University in Vietnam, or another name The Confucius Temple.
In this afternoon, we will visit the Museum of Ethnology (closed on Monday), a bit drive out of the capital center to get a chance to have a better knowledge about all 54 Vietnamese ethnic groups. Get back to the center and take a walking tour through old quarter to see a different part of the city. End of the day with watching Water Puppet Show – a special and unique show that gives us more information about Vietnam history, culture and lifestyle.
Day 2: Hanoi – Ha Long Bay – Stay Overnight on Cruise (Lunch, Dinner)
Pick up from the hotel and depart to Ha Long Bay. We will have a 5-hour-drive and see a peaceful and harmonious landscape on the way. Arrive the cruise at midday and check in. Enjoy the buffet lunch and contemplate an impressive bay.
Visit Vung Vieng floating village by small boat and discover this floating village from the view of rowing boat and see how local people live a normal daily life. Transfer to Vung Ha beach for Kayaking and swimming. Enjoy the lively environment with the bar for Happy Hour.
Have dinner with set menu. Free time at night. We can contact reception for squid fishing. Overnight on cruise.
Day 3: Ha Long – Hanoi – To catch a Flight to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) (Lunch)
Drive back to Hanoi then take a flight to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).
Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), you will be picked up by our guide and driver to go to the hotel in Saigon.
Day 4: Discovering Full Day Tour in Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City (Lunch)
At 8:00am, The driver and I will pick you up at hotel. The morning city exploration covers uniquely local places in the Saigon city: Saigon's Eco village located on Saigon riverside, this peaceful tourist village is full of green spaces with flowers and swaying trees. It is famous weekend location for the local people for picnics and fishing. we will introduce to you how they grow the rice, how they catch a fish but in Saigon city (This is unseen part of Saigon). Enjoying a cup of Vietnamese coffee here is a great way to kick-start this amazing city exploration experience. Then will stop at all symbolic destinations of the City:
- Saigon City Hall
- The Central Post Office
- The Notre Dame Cathedral
- Saigon Opera House
- A nice rest with local coffee style
- Visit inside Reunification Palace (Independence Palace), where witnessed the event that marked the end of Vietnam War.
- Enjoy traditional Vietnamese lunch at a restaurant
- Another half hours drive to Thien Hau Temple - the most charming and unit ancient temple in Saigon.
- Walking through a non-tourism wet market in another corner of the city.
Day 5: Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho (Lunch)
08:00am Our tour guide and driver will pick you up at hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and depart for My Tho City, enjoy the scenic journey along the National Highway bordered by green rice fields, stopping to see how the rice is cultivated an take pictures of the rice farms in the Mekong River Delta. On arrival at My Tho, take a leisurely boat trip to Unicorn island. Then disembark and go for a gentle stroll through the picturesque orchards and fruit garden. Have lunch at local restaurant then enjoy a boat ride through Tan Thach natural canal in Ben Tre, Return to the water for a relaxing rowing boat ride along a small canal, cruising in the shade of the water coconut trees. Learn about bee-keeping in the delta and sip are freshing cup of honey tea to the accompaniment of traditional Vietnamese folk music. Then travel the narrow rural countryside road by horse cart to visit the coconut candy mill to find out how this delicious confectionery is made and sample the finished product. Then transfer to Can Tho City (100km away from My Tho) arrive Can Tho check in the hotel, free at leisure. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 6: Mekong Discovery: Can Tho: Cai Rang Floating Market – Chau Doc: Tra Su Cajuput Forest (Lunch)
After breakfast, around 15 minutes driving on a small boat, you will see the busiest Cai Rang floating market. Some hundred big sized boats, small sized boats stand nearby together and create lanes with seasonal goods are loaded on boards, such as: water melons, pineapples, papayas…
To attract buyers from distance, sellers tie their goods to a pole (a long bamboo stick) to show what they sell. A stop at a big sized boat for tasting the local fruits and a local wet market will help tourists learn more about the life style of this Mekong branch. Drive to Chau Doc.
Next stop, Tra Su Cajuput Forest is a must visit destination when visiting Chau Doc. In the forest areas where there are many water hyacinths, lotuses and water lilies… Just an hour traveling trip by boat, tourists can see the lush greenery inside and many species of birds. Check in hotel.
Day 7: Chau Doc Floating Village – Xeo Quyt Hidden side village – Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) (Lunch)
Next stop, tourists take a short boat trip to visit the fish farms in the floating village. Then visit Cham minority people village where you see the local Mosque and the way how they weave Sarong, silk and other hand-made products.
Drive back to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) on the way we stop at Xeo Quyt village one of the hidden village in Mekong Delta: Cajuput Forest Sampan Hand Rowing in Xeo Quyt Village.
- Stop at local restaurant for lunch.
Day 8: Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) – Cu Chi Tunnels – Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) (Lunch)
Experience the authentic side of the vast tunnel network created by Viet Cong guerrilla fighters during the Vietnam War.
- 8:00am: Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and transfer to Cu Chi Tunnels with 1. 5 hour of drive around 70 km northwest of the city.
- Before entering the tunnels we will stop to discover rubber plantations or rice field.
- Discover how the tunnels were built by fighters as a base from which the Viet Cong could operate.
- We will visit a underground network dug-out which was being used during the Vietnam - USA war. There is little evidence to indicate the intense fighting, bombing and destruction that went on in Cuchi during the war.
- Lunch will be served with a local special style.
Day 9: Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Departure
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Free at leisure until transfer to the airport for your flight home. End of the trip.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Professional and experienced English speaking tour guide
- A nice private car with an experienced driver
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Full Entrance Fees
- Mineral water
- Beverage/drinks on meal (if any)
- Personal expenses
- Other expenses not clearly mentioned in the Inclusion part
- Hotel in Saigon, Hanoi.
- Domestic flight Hanoi to Saigon
- Best of Mekong delta 7 days
- best of Saigon and Mekong delta tour
- Discovery Central and South Viet Nam package 11 days
- Best of Central and South Viet Nam 11 Days
- North and South Vietnam Family Adventure 9 Days
- Best of North and South Vietnam Family Adventure
- saigon and Ha Noi 9 Days
- Saigon and Ha noi tour package 9 days
- Vietnam Family Adventure 9 Days